Head of Growth
We are a high growth, vibrant technology company based in the heart of one of Europe's hottest tech scenes, Shoreditch. We have carefully crafted our team from outstanding businesses (Google, Uber, Graze, Unilever, Just-Eat) to build a service that will redefine what it means to age.
We are here to provide top quality home-based care for those who cannot manage on their own. We match people to carers so they don’t feel alone and forgotten in a care home, and use technology to give families peace of mind. People need to rest assured that their mums/granddads/great aunties are being cared for at home when they are at their most vulnerable - everyone gets old. Even you!
About the role
The Head of Growth will be an experienced and entrepreneurial leader responsible for driving and accelerating growth through customer acquisition. This is a newly created role to lead Acquisition Marketing team, currently 1 direct report, but with a remit for rapid expansion. You will be responsible for managing all paid acquisition channels offline and online including TV, Inserts, PPC, Facebook, Display & Direct Mail. As a rapidly scaling business, where budgets are rapidly increasing year on year, your task will be to deliver continued growth through optimising existing channels and unlocking new ones.
This role is both strategic and operational, deploying key initiatives simultaneously and moving at a fast pace. As an analytical thinker, you will have an understanding of offline direct response media and how to deploy each channel to the best effect to successfully engage and acquire new customers. You will have a strong understanding of digital channels, and keep up to speed on the latest thinking regarding building rapid, sustainable growth. With a track record of managing high performing teams to drive growth, you will have the ability to think originally to tackle complex growth problems and be able to demonstrate resilience in the face of setbacks.
Working closely with the Head of Brand, you will own the paid performance of the business, balancing the need for growth with the need for effectiveness. Together with the management team, you will also be involved in guiding the wider performance of Elder, helping to shape the direction of the business as it goes through the next stage of its growth.
What You’ll Be Responsible For...
- Set the overall paid acquisition strategy, delivering forecasts, budgets and plans as appropriate
- Drive and accelerate channel performance; scaling reach and improving engagement and conversion rates through an obsessive focus on utilising data/insights and testing. Work closely with the Product team to ensure development requirements are appropriately prioritised
- Set the vision for the Acquisition Marketing team by building and developing your own team
- Own the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual offline media targets and KPIs, ensuring there is a sense of pace and urgency to achieving them
- Work on the interrogation of all available analytical data to identify clear opportunities for growth and development
- Lead on the provision of weekly/monthly/ad-hoc reporting as required that is insightful, actionable, and enables effective decision-making
- Own the relationships with media owners, and other third-party partners and agencies, ensuring that we get the appropriate support and access to enable us to achieve our objectives
- Proven experience of delivering growth at scale
- Experience in managing and optimising a variety of offline media - including TV. Ideally will have experience of running multi-channel campaigns
- Commercially minded and highly numerate
- Has either worked in fast-growth subscription, e-commerce business, or media agency
- Strong people management and relationship skills
- Organised, good attention to detail, and strong oral and written communication skills
- Digital acquisition knowledge
We’re a service business and we know that without the best people, we cannot build the best company which is why we treat our team very well. We can offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options (We are post-series A & backed by some of the best VC’s in Europe)
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday
- Plenty of socials and team lunches
- Amazing office in the heart of the tech scene in Shoreditch, surrounded by cool coffee and food places
- Macbook + any particular extras you require
- AND a genuine opportunity to be a very key part of a high growth business.
This is the rare opportunity for an intelligent and driven person who wants to be part of a business that is growing exponentially whilst also changing the world for better!
To apply, please send your CV to Vicky - [email protected]